Join the debate ...

To comment on a home page post, click on the "# comments" link at the end of each post. To comment on any other page just scroll to the bottom of the screen and type in the comments box.

Sunday 26 June 2011

Serving papers today!

I have finished writing my 'particulars of complaint' as ordered by the tribunal, and today I am serving them on the hospital. It's taken a lot of work to identify all of the acts and sections which the hospital have breached because of their smoking bans, but I think I have it all sorted out.

Not having legal representation has left me feeling rather nervous about whether my paperwork correctly addresses the issues. I can't help but think that this process of claiming discrimination is heavily weighted in favour of discriminators. Of course discrimination is more often committed by large organisations with substantial resources for legal advice. And of course those complaining of discrimination are often financially disadvantaged and unable to access legal advice.

It feels like access to justice is very uneven. Let's hope that the outcomes of this case prove me wrong!

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like a lot of work to do about it. and I think that it is amazing that you are looking for your rights.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: