Join the debate ...

To comment on a home page post, click on the "# comments" link at the end of each post. To comment on any other page just scroll to the bottom of the screen and type in the comments box.

Saturday 9 April 2011

The hospital refuses to budge, and the human rights commission can't help.

4 – 25 November 2010: The hospital made a response to the VEOHRC, justifying their policy by suggesting that they are simply discharging their ‘duty of care’.

I responded to the VEOHRC that I was extremely unsatisfied with the Hospital’s response. I said I was interested in taking the matter to conciliation. The VEOHRC was very encouraging, and said that my situation did indeed sound discriminatory, and also that most of the hospital’s responses were irrelevant to my complaint.

But, by the 25th, the VEOHRC had to close my complaint as it ‘did not consider it reasonably possible that the complaint may be conciliated successfully’. In other words, the hospital was completely unwilling to discuss the matter or consider any type of compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: